Tuesday, September 9, 2008

OK...need to set the record STRAIGHT!

The previous picture of my bike luggage was a JOKE. It seems that folks
are actually believing that is how I pack my bike. NO...NO...NO...I'm a
bit more sane than that! I figured the "redneck" comment would have
identified that, but apparently not. I know I have my own snow plow,
and wear a John Deere hat while mowing my lawn, but I don't wear plaid
flannels, chew tobacco, keep a loaded rifle in a gun rack in my pickup
truck, or keep rusted out cars and trucks in my front yard. Although I
do have a rather old and decrepit pop-up camper in my driveway.
Hmmm....anyway....this picture shows how I "normally" pack my bike. Ha
Ha......

And to answer why I posted that picture...well...it's my friends fault.
Dave Coleman (aka. my friend), took a picture of a nicely configured BMW
R 1200GS adventure bike with beautiful hard luggage. He emailed the
picture to me and said "this is so you". I jokingly grabbed our big
travel suitcases and a rubbermaid tub and bungie strapped them to my
bike as a joke picture that I sent back to him.

So, that there is the truth and I am sticking to it! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the other one better because you could take so much more with you. I'm just practical, John. I love your humor, where does it come from?

holman family said...

oh, so now you're normal. hmph.

dlfinnan said...

John, You are just a PACKRAT, and can't leave anything behind! Remember when Dad took you guys camping as kids? I towed a huge trailer with everything in it. So just confess its inherited. :) DAD

Blog Archive