Sunday, December 13, 2009

Fireplace Teaser.......


Fireplace Teaser......., originally uploaded by jfinnan.

We got the hearth installed. I picked it up late on Friday, and installed
it in time for a Christmas party we had at our home on Saturday night. It
is a solid slab of Winona stone (travertine). And yes, you guessed it,
comes from nearby Winona. Winona is the only place in the country for this
type of stone, and is well regarded as better than Italian Travertine. The
quarry in Winona carves out over a hundred tons of the stone each week from
a bluff located just outside of town. The picture doesn't do it justice, as
it is a lovely stone. I call this the teaser, because the next photo I post
will be of the entire finished fireplace project. The only part left is the
mahogany mantle that I am still finishing. This photo also shows you a bit
of the new carpet we had installed last week. We are very pleased to be
getting this project done. It is so enjoyable, especially at this time of
the year.

No comments:

Blog Archive