Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our campsite at Mesa Verde


Our campsite at Mesa Verde, originally uploaded by jfinnan.

Not as nice as the site at Zion, but they have hot showers! After four days of bathing (without the benefit of soap) in Zion canyons Virgin River, that is a welcome change! It is also significantly cooler here. At Zion, the temps were above 100 degrees everyday, and the park staff were all talking about the abnormally humid conditions! The humidity seems to be following us. Another neat thing for me was the sound of distant howling Coyotes. I have not had that privilige since living in Wyoming. Our girls also got to see two fawns, their mother, and three young bucks this morning. Did I mention they have bears here?
- Taken at 7:13 AM on August 03, 2008 - cameraphone upload by ShoZu

2 comments:

holman family said...

so no soap ... how 'bout deodorant?? You've seen some pretty cool places! Ready to go home yet? :)

Anonymous said...

The ground looks a little hard..I heard your deodorant melted!

Blog Archive